Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sweet Potato Hummus aka Yummus!

Gotta have your carrots to keep it healthy, and orange!
  This paleo hummus recipe has gotten rave reviews at work, boys included, and everyone has asked me for this recipe. So, I figured that I wouldn't deprive the world, here it is! This is a simple recipe that anyone can alter according to his/her individual tastes. You could add pesto, roasted red peppers, spinach, what ever you want! Also, there are no chick peas in this, which makes it paleo, but also doesn't make it "hummus." So I've endearingly titled it Yummus, patent pending. Not really, let's be serious. If I had the time and money I would though.



INGREDIENTS 
1 Medium sweet potato, baked then cooled 
2 Tbsp Oil 
1 tsp Water 
1-2Tbsp Lemon juice, to taste 
1 tsp Cumin 
½ tsp Salt 
¼ tsp Pepper 
3 Cloves roasted garlic, to taste

DIRECTIONS 
1. Blend all ingredients in food 
processor/blender. Adjust seasonings to taste, 
add more water if it's too thick- 1tsp at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. My mother always make a Mediterranean dip called hummus. I super love that diP!
    Hummus Paleo

    ReplyDelete