Thursday, August 25, 2016

Strawberry Basil Spritzer

I've been on a basil kick lately. I bought fresh basil in the hopes of making my most favorite sauce ever: pesto. But then a watermelon lemon-lime cold-pressed juice from Aldi caught my eye and I took it home. After that I remembered a basil fruit drink recipe vaugly and decided to add basil to my watermelon juice. Yum! What an interesting combo... Which brings me to my current recipe. Feel free to make it a virgin. I am feeling frisky so I'm adding rum.



Side note: recipes are not set in stone. Mix it up! Add more berries, take out the rum, whatever. Make it yours because you are the one drinking it. I never follow recipes exactly. I just look them up for ideas and then make it my own. Do you.

Strawberry Basil Spritzer

Ingredients:
6-8 small frozen strawberries
2 or 3 medium basil leaves, sliced into strips
1-2 oz white rum, optional
1 tsp agave nectar, or to taste
Club soda

Instructions:
Muddle the strawberries, basil, agave, and rum in the bottom of a glass. I use the end of a wooden spoon for this. Top off with the club soda. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment