Thursday, August 14, 2014

Buttery Shrimp and Green Bean Scampi

 I came home from work and looked in my fridge and freezer. I wanted a quick, tasty meal. I had a Chopped flashback, to when I had cable and watched nothing but Food Network and Discovery ID. Literally those two channels were the only ones I watched, wait no I lied. I watched Animal Planet too. A lack of cable tv is probably for the best, since I was addicted to shows like Deadly Women. My fiance would come home and be terrified that I was going to kill him. Oops, haha.

 I saw some frozen salad shrimp and immediately wanted some garlic and butter. I was feeling lazy so I then looked for a frozen bag of steamable veggies. The only steamy veggies I had were green beans, which worked out perfectly, and delishly if I can say that. I know it's not a word, but it's my blog and I do what I want.




Buttery Shrimp and Green Bean Scampi

3 oz frozen salad shrimp, more if you are feeling hungry
1-2 TBSP butter
2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 bag steamable green beans, cooked according to the directions
salt, pepper to taste

Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat and add the slices of garlic until cooked, but not brown. Add frozen salad shrimp until thawed and warm. Add salt and pepper to taste. I added some basil in the picture above, because it's the best herb ever. Add cooked green beans, stir and eat it all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment