Sunday, July 15, 2012

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork BBQ

 One of my favorite ways to cook is to use the slow cooker. Dump everything in the slow cooker, turn it on, and in a few hours you're good to go. It doesn't get any easier. I wish I could cook everything in that thing. It's been so hot lately I don't even want to think about turning on the oven. The slow cooker totally solves that dilemma, and makes food super tasty.
 I like to get pork shoulder when it's on sale and freeze it until I'm ready to make some pulled pork. I usually thaw my meat before doing the slow cooker thing. And now Let's do this....
 I put my pork shoulder in the crock pot. I like to stir all my liquids, spices, and sauces in a small bowl, or my measuring cup, before I add it into the crock pot. After that, set it to low or high depending on what time you wanna eat and that is it. So easy.
time to shred these puppies
 The only not fun part of this recipe is the actual shredding the meat, unless you're into that kind of thing. I usually make boyfriend help with this part ;)
shred that bad boy
 After you are all done shredding the pork, add it back into the delicious sauce you've created in your crock pot.
Aw yeah
 And there you have it, the easiest and tastiest pulled pork BBQ you'll ever make.
wraps: not the best idea for the pulled pork...
pulled pork nachos...much better choice ;)

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork BBQ

Ingredients

  • 1 cup barbeque sauce
  • 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 bunch green onion, chopped
  • 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme

Directions

  1. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker. In a small bowl mix the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Add this mixture to the slow cooker, covering the pork. Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
  2. Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
recipe adapted from allrecipes- I didn't use the Worcestershire and still thought it tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment