Tuesday, June 24, 2014

21 DSD Chicken Salad with Mustard Dressing

 Being on Day 2 of  my sugar detox, check out my journey here, I've got a killer headache (I cut caffeine out as well) so I'll keep this brief. I'm also answering a million questions since fiance is now home, he's helping put away my detox ice cream that I made from PaleOMG. Yeah, Aunt Flo is in town and I really REALLY needed some ice cream, that and I had to use up a sweet potato.
 Keeping it simple today with a salad. I know BORING but it's hot as heck out there. Once I start actually eating a salad I realize how good it is and gets better the more I eat it. It usually hits the spot even if I don't think it will.
This dressing recipe is one I made up while on my TLS detox. Instead of oil, I used mustard, but for the sugar detox I'm adding olive oil. I also like my dressing TANGY, which this really is.

1/2 bag salad mix
sprinkle of fresh spinach, torn
capers
radishes
grilled chicken thighs seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic

Mustard Dressing
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
splash of water
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard, or dijon
1-2 tbsp spices including garlic, parsley, chives, marjoram, thyme
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil

Create a bed of lettuce with salad mix and spinach. Add chicken and your toppings, I had radishes and capers on mine. For the dressing, mix everything but the oil in a glass jar until combined, then add oil and mix to combine. This is best done is a glass jar with a lid, I sometimes use my old mustard bottle. Play around with spices, vinegar, whatever suites your tastes. I never measure anything, so just eyeball it. Play with your food and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment