Thursday, June 26, 2014

Guacamole

Avocados rock, they hit the spot all the time. They are really good especially when you cut carbs and sugar and are craving...well, anything. Guacamole is loaded with good fats, so it might actually replace the ice cream that I'm craving. I cut out nightshades, so this doesn't have any jalapenos, and I actually love it! So does fiance! Also, I forgot to buy cilantro, so there's none in here but I bet that would be a great addition.

This was my dinner the first night of my 21DSD, featuring my turkey meatballs that I have yet to create a recipe for, and jicama
Guacamole

1 shallot
4 cloves garlic, peeled, more or less to taste
3 avocados, chopped in big chunks
quarter of a lime
dash salt and pepper

In a food processor, pulse the shallot and garlic cloves until chopped finely. Add the avocado chunks, and squeeze the lime so the juice goes on the avocado. Get as much juice out of the lime slice as you can, this will help keep the guac from becoming brown. Add salt and pepper. Pulse until the guac reaches desired consistency. Some people like it chunky, others like it smooth. Smooth is good, but so are chunks, I can never decide. Keep refrigerated. It can keep for a few days, but will likely start to brown. You can also freeze this, it will keep for months, and defrost in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment